Saturday, December 27, 2008

Go For What You Know.

So, I was on the train this morning coming down from Syracuse when this young lady got on with a semi-heavy bag. Now, it was packed but didn't look completely heavy but she makes this statement, "UGH, this thing is like a million pounds." Now, SPOTTED to the right of her and one row back was a guy sitting there with his magazine ready for the train to pull off. He'd just helped this older woman and her granddaughter put their bag up in the rack; all the while, the granddaughter was staring at him with a lil schoolgirl smile (another post for another day but there are few Joe Schmo white boys that i find cute on site...none really, I don't think). So he sees her "struggling," asks if she'd like some help with her bag, to which she replied, "I'd really love some help...I've got all of Christmas in here." Great, he helps her and goes back to his seat (right across the aisle from me and my mom) and she sits right in front of us.

Now, the train attendant is coming down the aisle checking tickets and tells a person who has their bag in an empty seat, "I'm going to have to ask you to move your bag overhead because there are going to be about 300 people on this train. *RING THE ALARM* Miss Heavy Bags hears this and turns to Mr. Blue Eyes and says, "Hey do you wanna share a seat? There's probably going to be about 300 people on the train." At first he looks a bit thrown off but the words that came out of his mouth were, "You want the window or the aisle?" She goes to sit, conversation begins, and I fall asleep.

WELL, CHECKMATE Miss Heavy Bags!! As Lucky always tells me, "BB, a closed mouth does not get fed." I agree with her but I also believe that if a guy sees me, why can't he come talk to me? Yes, I have fallen, for the most part, the societal belief that men should be the ones who should approach the women. Now, I may give a little eye contact or the "bat signal" that it's okay to come over but I will bot be the approacher. If it turns out that I am, it certainly was not the original intention. I do wonder sometimes if I've missed out on a date here and there because of my quietness but overall, I don't really care. Then again, Miss Heavy Bags appears to have rocked out and made it happen...at 7am!

So, even though some have been doing this for years, I raise the question: Women approaching men - is that what's going to be hot in the '09?

By the way, my mom told me (the lil nosey bee she is - she thought it was cute that the girl pushed her way over) that they were both artists but Miss Heavy Bags was talking about her man and Mr. Blue Eyes was talking about someone he was going to meet at his stop (somewhere upstate). When they were close to his stop, she was typing on her phone and he started reciting his number when she said, "Oh I was just texting my sister" and that was that. So, there ended up not being a love connection!

Back to the question...

Women approaching men - is that what's going to be hot in the '09?

5 comments:

wynsters the tigress said...

i think women approaching men has always been hot.

Anonymous said...

I agree. I've always approached men and saw women approach them. What are people waiting for? A sign from Jesus? LOL

LISA VAZQUEZ said...

Hi! {waves}

I just had to stop by and say "Happy New Year"!!

Peace, blessings and DUNAMIS!
Lisa


"Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the desert and streams in the wasteland."
~ God
(as recorded in the Book of Isaiah 43:18-19)

Ms. SoChic said...

Me and my girls having been saying that in 2008 men were the new women. Meaning we've become more like men (more aggressive, less emotional) while men have become more like us (more emotional, less aggressive). This will def continue in the new year. As far as us making the first move yes it is HOT lol!! Because you never know. CARPE DIEM!!

Anonymous said...

Men are so turned off by women these days that women are being left with no choice. Fortunately, most still cant approach men fearful of the years of rejection they've dished coming back to bite them on the butt. I think that shyness from women is great.

Men can finally start focussing on their OWN Happiness for once and discard women for the most fickle of reasons.