Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Get It? Got It? GOOD.

"Now what do you keep calling here for? It's OVER! It's OVER!!"

So, I'm walking home and "It's Over" by John Legend comes on. This is, by far, one of my favorite songs on the album because John is jammin on it and I love the beat. For some reason, I start to get angry at the lyrics (which, like all other songs I like, I've already processed a million time) for the first time. I begin to wonder, "Why should this man have to make a damn song about you to realize that the relationship is over?" In fact, why should anyone have to continuously tell a person that a relationship is over? What about "goodbye forever" does a person not understand.

I actually have experience on this one too! When I had that boyfriend of mine eons ago, he did not understand what I meant when I said, "We cannot be together anymore." There was a lot of, "But shorty, I just don't get it" and "You sure there's nothing I can do? I think we should be together" in his return speech. At one point, I was ready to laugh at him because I didn't understand why HE didn't understand what was going on and was going on with these shenanigans. As I was listening to the song, I even thought about that moment and was like, "Damn, so this is the norm?"

But what is it about the breakup that makes a person not believe it's a breakup and has them keep calling the person who broke up with them? Is it because you love the person so much that you can't believe it's come to an end? Is it because you just don't WANT it to end? OR, could it be that you knew the end was near but wanted to be the one breaking up with them? I wonder when the person begins to realize they're looking like the fool for continuing to call and try to see the person who dumped them. How long does this foolishness go on? I mean, the person has told you to keep all the things they ever gave you just to be done with you and you keep on going!! Tom foolery!

All the guys I've dated have tried to continue contacting me with the exception of one or maybe two and at some point, I became fed up and said mean things. Oh well and oh well!

Okay, so those of you who've been there (and I know most men and women have...DISCUSS.

*Drenna Note* Yes, I know I haven't been around much. I've been busy and tired but I'm back!


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Well, I've been a victim of the "But Baby Why Is It Over" a couple of times. And it pisses me the **** off because HELLOOO we weren't getting along, we were getting into it way too much and we weren't having sex AT ALL (sidebar, when you piss me off and I'm not happy ain't no way I'm doing the goodiegoodie bad thang with anybody). Where was all of this concern about us when I not us but I was trying to fix us (pause I know I know, relax relate release, ok I'm better :). The 2 ex's I'm referring to Loco Santana (tht's right same name for the same mess) had the nerve to question why I wanted to end it. I gave them the sideway Scooby Doo huh look and simply told them I'm not happy and you can't tell me you're happy when we have been miserable for a while.
Bottom line, if a relationship isn't going right and BOTH parties have tried everything in their party to fix it, then it's time to end it. Why sound like a Keith Sweat song to fix something that isn't fixable. Let it go!!

XOXO

N.O. LADI said...

Ok, I LOVE this song. Som folks just don't get the memo. I hate a whiny man. If I say I'm done, then I'm done. No amount of talking will change my mind. I'm kinda stubborn like that. Lol. I don't get folks who don't get the memo. If we can end as friends, then cool. If not, two fingers to ya...don't let the doorknob hit ya!